MEET OUR TEAM
An experienced team to deliver your project.
Graham founded White Associates in 2005 with the aim to provide a fresh approach to cost consulting. Having worked in the construction industry for over 40 years, he has built a reputation for providing deep knowledge and credible advice for clients to maximize their construction opportunities.
Graham works across all areas of our business ensuring White Associates delivers and achieves dependable budgets and reliable project outcomes, ultimately helping our clients achieve absolute financial confidence.
His extensive skills, strong experience and personable, professional approach means clients are provided with exceptional service that mitigates risk and ensures the success of projects.
Graham has strategic oversight providing experience and advice on processes and outcomes to ensure continual and consistent deliverables are achieved.
• As a trusted voice of the industry, he delivers transparent and honest advice, allowing him to open up lines of communication and build strong client and stakeholder relationships.
• His continual focus on developing and growing talent means he is always looking to creating learning opportunities for the team and wider industry to develop skills.
Konrad is an owner and Director at White Associates with significant expertise in master planning and feasibilities, strategic planning and cost planning.
With more than two decades of experience working in construction and cost management across New Zealand and Australia, Konrad is able to offer dependable expert advice and sound cost consulting services on a wide range of projects and sectors.
Konrad’s strength lies in his ability to provide consistency and ownership across the cost planning phase, identifying and implementing risk mitigation, design elements and all project attributes through careful cost planning for the end project.
• Expertise to understand and meet client key milestones and deliver projects on budget, providing confidence in methodology
• Experience delivering on complex projects for consultants, developers and contractors through understanding client’s cost drivers
• Adaptability and experience in the public and private sectors, delivering significant value on client requirements and systems.
As an owner and Director at White Associates, Darin has over 30 years’ experience in the New Zealand construction industry. He brings real on-site understanding of the challenges which impact cost, programme and delivery time on our clients’ projects and provides solutions to avoid these issues.
Darin’s expertise is in bank funding and providing due diligence across projects as a whole, giving funders the confidence to move forward. He adds value throughout the life-cycle of a project, from inception where he identifies areas to mitigate and manage risk, through to providing real-time updates on project tracking and advice to funders to help inform their decisions.
• His knowledge to provide funders in-depth understanding of the project they are about to embark on. This provides deeper insight of all aspects of the project and a laser focus on risk at a point early enough to be able offer recommendations to reduce, manage and mitigate risk or eliminate them entirely
• His leadership style to manage processes and take people on the journey. He develops good relationships throughout the process and through understanding different opinions, is able to construct a full holistic understanding of the project
• His deep experience and contractual knowledge to work closely with construction lawyers to achieve a contract that best suits the project and its desired outcome
Justin is a Director of White Associates with significant expertise in cost planning, estimating, value management and construction cost management.
A senior professional with over 22 years’ experience working across NZ, UK and South Africa, Justin is a strategic leader with a proven record in achieving successful outcomes on challenging projects.
Having worked in construction management for building and civil engineering contractors, and as a consultant working for developers, he brings a uniquely holistic approach to his work, with detailed oversight of each stage of a project.
• Sound, grounded commercial advice – from the start of projects through to completion
• Incisive expertise in finding and solving issues, and in adding value
• A track record of delivering projects with commercial confidence
• A unique ability to bring teams together.
As Principal and with more than 13 years of experience in construction, cost consultancy and quantity surveying in New Zealand and South Africa, Brett brings an abundance of hands-on experience to his role.
He has a stellar record of providing expert advice that helps clients to mitigate risk and ensure the success of their projects. Consequently, he has a strong understanding of the construction industry that is grounded in commercial realities.
Hard-working and ambitious, his wealth of knowledge in contractual negotiations and commercial management alongside his specialist experience in government and healthcare projects allows him to add real value to projects.
• His ability to identify risk in different tender submissions – closing risks out where possible to mitigate them and making contingency allowances for risks that cannot be closed out
• His background (predominantly with a main contractor) means he understands the practicalities of how to build a structure and to manage teams to provide accurate costs
• Brett always ensures that financial reports include allowances for all known and pending risks, providing you with a strong understanding of the financial status of the project on a monthly basis
• A unique ability to bring teams together.
Senior Cost Planner
Paul is a Senior Cost Planner at White Associates with significant expertise in cost planning and estimating, construction and project management and post-contract management.
A senior professional with over 20 years’ experience, Paul has worked across the construction spectrum and applies his critical thinking to continually support clients with their projects through astute and accurate cost planning. Paul’s strength lies in his ability to build a relationship with stakeholders and apply his logic and understanding of risk and constraints to deliver methodology resulting in a robust end cost plan.
• A winning track record of delivering significant value
• Thinking and expertise to create a way to bridge the knowledge gap
• A collaborative work style within a team to achieve the identified result
• Technical understanding to provide the micro detail through to the holistic global big picture.
Senior Cost Planner
Richard is a Cost Planner at White Associates and is involved in both the cost planning and the construction phase cost management departments of the company.
With over seven years’ experience, Richard has been involved with projects valued up to $1 billion in value across the residential, commercial, education, religious and government sectors. He brings international experience having worked on numerous projects spanning New Zealand, Samoa, Tonga and Fiji.
Richard’s ability to work on an array of projects has provided him the experience and ability to respond quickly and adeptly to new problems and challenges.
• His aptitude to finding solutions to complex problems using his micro detail focus
• High level of data analysis enables him to provide quality benchmarking for new projects based on market alternatives
Senior Quantity Surveyor
With over 25 years of international experience in cost management Ian Chamberlain joined White Associates in September 2015 as a well-rounded professional with specialist financial analysis skills.
Ian has broad quantity surveying experience across the property and construction sector, with key project areas including office, retail, residential developments, aged care facilities, interiors, conversions and refurbishments.
With industry nous that includes forensic financial analysis and report writing for expert witness provision for legal and insurance disputes, Ian’s experience in the construction industry is brought to bear as a highly competent professional and an equally adept team leader.
• Expertise to identify risk and provide security around the process to mitigate such risk
• His skills to set the project up for success through building strong relationships with the client and projects teams.
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Muriel is a Senior Quantity Surveyor at White Associates with over 25 years’ experience across Malaysia and New Zealand, specifically in cost construction management, estimating and cost planning.
With a relentless work ethic, Muriel’s strength lies in her ability to mitigate risk through detailed understanding and oversight of her clients’ projects. She provides astute, accurate and dependable expert advice to help manage project cost drivers, through utilising her strong industry experience across residential and commercial developments.
• Her professional and careful advice to each project, providing a solution for project cost issues
• Firm professional skills to assist our clients towards an optimum outcome in negotiating final costs
• Resilience and diligence when understanding project needs and variations, whilst still adhering to high ethical practices.
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Weng is a Senior Quantity Surveyor at White Associates with extensive expertise in cost consulting across the full range of development projects.
Weng has provided services in a senior capacity for large scale offices, commercial and residential buildings, new builds, education facilities as well as major motorway and bridge projects in the infrastructure sector.
Weng’s strength lies in his ability to demonstrate resilience and diligence across the cost consulting phase challenging thinking to provide his clients with the right advice.
• Transparency in his communication with clients to ensure that he goes above and beyond to meet and deliver their needs
• His cross-cultural communication skills of both English and Mandarin, an invaluable combination in today’s internationally-aligned market
• Full scope and knowledge to understand a project requirement and its nuances.
Contract, Dispute & Commercial Specialist
Jesse joined White Associates in 2019 as the Contract, Dispute & Commercial Specialist, after moving to New Zealand from South Africa. He brings 17 years’ experience and a powerful combination of expertise across a number of highly relevant disciplines including contract law, risk management, dispute avoidance and resolution.
Jesse implements commercial strategies to overcome challenges and achieve organisational goals and expectations. From negotiating contract terms to overseeing daily business operations, he has an incisive ability to lead project and commercial teams in propelling financial performance, whilst observing and managing contractual obligations.
• A combination of a quantity surveying and construction background with a talent for seeing things from the banking perspective
• Commercial strategies which work for both contracting parties to manage the project risk as a whole, finding solutions that are acceptable and fair to both parties
• Dispute resolution experience allowing him to resolve and avoid disputes. He uses his skills as an arbitrator to apply his extensive knowledge to projects and ultimately delivering the best outcome to our clients.
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Elliot is a Senior Quantity Surveyor based in our Queenstown office. His specialties includes pre and post-contract cost management, value management, tender, pre-contract estimating and cost planning work.
Elliot uses his knowledge of construction practices and experience in both sub-contractor and consultant roles to bring expert advice to his clients. His strength lies in his ability to build relationships with all project members and provide consistent, reliable advice on negotiations.
• Works across the project team to create strong relationships and understanding of the whole project to deliver better outcomes
• Ownership of his work and confidence in his ability, demonstrated through his willingness to spear head the White Associates’ Queenstown office
• Diverse experience across both the pre- and post-contract disciplines and the estimating disciplines of the business.
David is a Quantity Surveyor at White Associates with expertise in post-contract management and financial forecasting across a wide range of sectors.
David’s nature is to be very detail orientated and proactive. He takes great pride in keeping things simple and organised, taking personal ownership of his projects and providing strategic advice that is transparent and understandable for his clients.
• An early engagement approach to reduce the opportunity for disputes later in the project
• With his contractor background, he applies a balanced view through his understanding of all perspectives
• Strong expertise in financial knowledge that allow him to identify anomalies and issues quickly.
John Hugo is a Quantity Surveyor at White Associates with seven years expertise in post-contract cost management, value engineering and tender analysis.
John Hugo has the ability to have a macro view of numbers and identify issues and opportunities through his knowledge and experience.
He enjoys being client facing and developing these stakeholder relationships providing transparent communication and ensuring everyone stays informed. He takes the time to understand our clients’ objectives and provides a solution that fits their needs.
John Hugo applies:
• His strong communication skills to paint a clear picture keeping all stakeholders updated
• His knowledge and decisive nature to keep projects moving and be proactive in his approach
• Though his detail-orientated nature, he takes a macro view of projects to have full understanding of nuances and end goals.
Bank Funding Quantity Surveyor
Christine is a Quantity Surveyor at White Associates within the Bank Funding team. Her expertise is specifically in bank funding and post-contract cost management.
With over six years’ experience, she provides sound advice driven from her extensive market experience across Malaysia, Brunei and New Zealand. Her strength lies in her attention to detail with numbers and ability to articulate issues around financial forecasting and value engineering.
- A transparent working style providing clarity for both our clients and the funder market
- Guidance through her strong expertise to identify risk and provide security around the process to mitigate such risks
- Her skills to set the project up for success through building strong relationships with the client and project team.
Matt is a Quantity Surveyor at White Associates with over four years’ experience in the New Zealand construction industry. He specialises in post-contract management and financial forecasting.
Matt is a reliable and diligent partner for our clients, providing expert knowledge and delivering this in an organised and positive manner. He focuses on communication and creating collaborative relationships within projects to ensure an effective outcome for all.
Matt’s strength lies in the ability to be flexible and understand situations to provide forecasting and identify issues. He delivers solutions to clients that are outside of the box and meets their specific needs. Matt is currently involved on the Ministry of Education’s Manurewa Central School project.
• Stakeholder management across a project, to understand contractors, designers and engineers allowing him to provide a full picture to the client from an informed position
• A flexible and agile approach to situations
• Strong communication skills to provide concise and clear advice.
Junior Quantity Surveyor
After completing a Bachelor of Commerce, Frankie joined White Associates in May this year. He is currently gaining Quantity Surveying experience in post contract management across a range of sectors.
Frankie enjoys bringing his mix of commercial property knowledge and strength in numbers to a client’s project. His detailed analytical approach enables him to be budget-focused and support the team in delivering results.
• His learnings through economic and financial analytics to view payment claims and identify any gaps within the project funding
• His strong communication skills to build relationships with our team and clients.
Phone:09 362 0624
Corize joined White Associates in 2019 as a cadet while she completes her studies. She is gaining experience specifically in construction, cost consultancy and quantity surveying across a wide range of projects and sectors.
Corize enjoys processes making them more efficient, and saving money whilst helping people. She is budget-focused and brings a diligent, hardworking attitude to the projects that she is involved in.
• A continual learning attitude working on projects
• Her learnings to the real-life world, providing fresh ideas and a new perspective to consider
• Her strong communication skills help in all aspects of the project and building relationships with our clients.
Olivia de Rooy
Olivia joined White Associates in 2021 as a Cadet while she completes her studies. Based in our Queenstown office, she is gaining experience and learning opportunities through a wide range of projects and sectors with specific interest in bank funding, construction management and quantity surveying.
The process driven work provides Olivia the opportunity to gain a thorough understanding of the project details and requirements and help her find cost efficiencies for clients. She is budget-focused and brings a hardworking attitude to the projects she is involved in.
• A continual learning attitude working on projects
• Her strong communication skills to build relationships with stakeholders, understanding project requirements and gathering pertinent information.
Phone:03 428 2558
With an extensive career in marketing, events and project management spanning well over a decade, Michelle joined the team at White Associates in mid-2015 and has proven herself to be a natural leader with excellent relationship management and problem-solving abilities.
Drawing from her background in marketing and operations, Michelle has a wide range of responsibilities including project operations, office management, human resources, marketing, administration, and events management.
Michelle has exceptional organisational skills and strong business acumen, which she applies to the advantage of the many projects White Associates works on across the property development and construction sector.